Frequently Asked Questions
Who is on the MIDA leadership team?
How do I get involved in MIDA if I’m a student?
If you are a student who wants to get involved in the work of MIDA, you should check the list of faculty members and directly contact the faculty member involved in work most related to your interests.
How do I get involved in MIDA if I’m a faculty member?
If you are a faculty member who is interested in getting involved with MIDA, please email MIDA executive director Jonathan Lazar ( email@example.com ).
Where do I go for services at UMD related to accessibility?
We suggest you check out the website detailing UMD’s accessibility services.
What if I am interested in getting involved with issues related to disability rights and accessibility more broadly at UMD?
We suggest checking out the website for the UMD President’s Commission on Disability Issues.
What undergraduate and graduate courses are offered related to digital accessibility?
More courses will be offered soon. Currently, you can take:
- EDSP 411 Foundations of Technology Integration for Curriculum Access
- HLTH 402 Disability is NOT an Outcome: An Introduction to Understanding Disability
- INST 402 Designing Patient-Centered Technologies
- INST 620 Diverse Populations, Inclusion, and Information
- INST 639L Practical Skills in HCI; Accessibility Evaluation Workshop
- INST 704 Inclusive Design in HCI
- INST 728X Designing Technology with Older People